
It was unusually hot today. The weather's supposed to be tepid, but it felt more like a heat wave. I stayed really quiet throughout class. I just nodded and smiled whenever anyone would talk to me.
I thought I might leave class early, but I couldn't go outside with the searing heat. The ground's burning up and I could hardly see anyone outside the school window. It is really hot and I guess everyone's inside, taking cover. But it doesn't stop there, the aircon at school was broken.
There wasn't a breeze to ease the problem. Finally, when I couldn't take it anymore I asked if I could excuse myself to the infirmary. Everyone looked at me and they were surprised as how I looked. I didn't know I looked that terrible. They said I was red all over and it looked like I was over-heating.
I went to the infirmary and Machi-san was there. I just nodded and I slumped on the bed. I think she got the idea and she just fanned me all day.
"Aren't you going back to class?" I asked.
"Nah. It's too hot, isn't it?"
We stayed in the infirmary all day.
signed by: Yuki